Lubricants & Oilfield Chemicals
Asia Pacific to be a major growth prospect for specialty chemicals market: India and China to lead the regional growth
Chemical industry has become a crucial name in the global business space, being regarded as the key enabler for other sectors. Chemicals have occupied their significant share in probably all the other industries of the world, right from the electronics to the paint, automotive, food & beverages, etc. With this gigantic presence, specialty chemicals market is all set to expand vigorously both in terms of revenue and applications over the coming years. According to Global Market Insights, Inc. “specialty chemicals market having had a share of USD 830 billion in 2015, is estimated to reach USD 1273 billion by 2024.”
U.S Specialty Chemicals Market size, by production, 2013-2024 (USD Billion)
The global population, which is estimated to grow rapidly touching a 9 billion mark by 2040 is a major factor driving the specialty chemical industry. Possibly, all the industries of the world are witnessing a supply/demand imbalance due to this population growth, the food industry being in the topmost concerned space. The food security concerns can be realized looking at the population vs arable land growth rate during 2015. Where on one hand, the population witnessed a 5% increase, on the other side the arable land witnessed a growth of 3.5%, which clearly indicates the agricultural food scarcity the world may witness. This imbalance is making the farmers adopt Agrochemicals on a large scale, thus boosting specialty chemicals industry size.
Get a Sample Copy of this Report:@ https://www.gminsights.com/request-sample/detail/792
Automotive industry is one of the top potential growth prospect for specialty chemicals market. Automotive industry utilizes a broad range of specialty chemical products in the form of paints & coatings, polymers & plastic additives, adhesives & sealants, lubricants, etc., thus contributing towards a significant share of specialty chemicals industry. The expanding automotive industry coupled with the growing demand for fuel-efficient vehicles will bring a huge set of opportunities for the market space.
The chemical industry has rightly been marked as a key parameter to achieve sustainable development for other industries. Chemicals are the key differentiators of any two products under comparisons, and are thus being widely and of course wisely adopted by the manufacturers worldwide. Paints & Coatings industry is a well-suited example of explaining this feature, where 80% of the raw materials in almost all the paints are same, and the rest 20% which are the differentiating factors comprises the specialty chemicals. Construction specialty chemicals market, which had a revenue of USD 70 billion in 2015, is estimated to have a noticeable surge over the coming years owing to the rising number of commercial and residential projects worldwide.
However, the high costs associated with the raw materials to manufacture these products will be a prime matter of concern for the manufacturers worldwide. SMBs will be the major sector impacted by these high priced raw materials. Asia Pacific has significantly emerged as an efficient and cost-friendly raw material supply source for the international companies, enabling these manufacturers to tap this emerging market. Moreover, the growing automotive and construction industry is also a vital factor favoring APAC specialty chemicals market size. Asia Pacific specialty chemicals market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% over the period of 2016-2024. North America is estimated to account for the second largest market followed by Europe.
In the coming years, the companies worldwide will spend heavily on R&D activities to walk parallelly with the growing consumer needs and demands. The industry, which is highly competitive and fragmented presently, will witness various collaborations and partnerships for efficient manufacturing of these products. Key market players are Dow Chemical, INEOS Group, BASF, Bayer, Ashland Inc., DuPont, Clariant, Huntsman, Syngenta, Evonik Industries, Arkema, Albemarle, Akzo Nobel, Eastman Chemical Company, Chemtura, and Solvay.
Author Name : Shikha Sinha
This entry was posted in Bulk & Specialty Chemicals and tagged Application Potential, Cleaning Chemicals, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, Construction Chemicals, Electronic Chemicals, Lubricants & Oilfield Chemicals, Price Trends, Specialty Chemicals Market Size By Product, Specialty Coatings, Surfactants.