Process Support & Service
Global digital twin market analysis – 3 biggest business challenges the technology can overcome
As organizations embark on their digital transformation journey, the global digital twin market size is showing a consistent increase in consort with advancements in the Internet of Things, cloud, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and Industry 4.0 technologies. Digital twin market trends are primarily driven by the technology’s ability to dramatically enhance product performance while mitigating the risk and cost of new product introduction. Additionally, this newfangled technology can boost product realization time by eliminating some of the most time-consuming aspects of real-world product development.
Germany Digital Twin Market Revenue, By Application, 2018 & 2025 (USD Million)
With the rapid proliferation of the Internet of things, a slew of opportunities are knocking the doors of leading players operating in the digital twin market space. Moreover, with digital twins, it is possible that the data which is transferred between blocks can be highly protected and made universally transparent through the blockchain paradigm, thus inspiring global digital transformation. Speaking of the future outlook of this industry, digital twin market statistics by Global Market Insights, Inc.. indicate that the industry valuation is projected to exceed USD 20 billion by 2025.
The fields of application for digital twins are diverse and not confined to a specific domain or industry. Having said that, digital twin market analysis reports claim that automotive, manufacturing, energy & utility, healthcare, aerospace and defense, infrastructure, retail, and consumer goods are the leading end-users of this unconventional technology.
A brief overview of the latest digital twin market trends:
- In a bid to create solutions for a better future, the healthcare market has lately become a leading contributor to the digital twin industry revenue. The increasing use of machine learning in medicine and augmented and virtual reality in healthcare market for streamlining hospital processes & operations, augmenting customer experience, and generating real-time analytics, has fueled the demand for digital twins in the healthcare domain. For instance, efficient data entry and location of assets can speed up the patient admittance procedure and save significant waiting time.
- With the advent of Internet of things, there has been a rapid increase in smart construction and connected spaces. Digital twins are these days deployed in connected buildings to stimulate building settings based on historical data to detect changes in the design of the building, as well as locate rooms that are wasting power or are rarely used. As smart construction becomes more popular across global economies with growing disposable incomes, the digital twin industry size is slated to rise significantly.
Get a Sample Copy of this Report:@ https://www.gminsights.com/request-sample/detail/2196
3 Biggest business challenges digital twin can overcome:
- Accurate inventory to avoid overstocking:
The global inventory management software market space has lately been brainstorming the possibilities of digital twin to reduce cost and revenue leakages, for gargantuan warehouses and supermarkets, where managing optimum inventory level is the biggest challenge. Digital twin market analysis suggests that the availability of real-time consumption data can lead to a quicker replenishment of supplies and avert over-inventorying, which can cause product spoilage. Hence, the fast-paced adoption of digital twin in the inventory market offers lucrative growth opportunities for the digital twin industry.
- Addressing the shortcomings of aerospace fleet management:
Some of the biggest challenges in fleet management in the aerospace industry are poor data integrity, slow turnaround time, aging systems, high maintenance costs, and antiquated manual processes. The utilization of digital twin is poised to bring about a paradigm shift in the traditional approaches, by filling the gap amid the physical and the digital worlds. This innovative technology can offer predictive and prescriptive analytics which can reduce unplanned downtime for engines and cut maintenance, repair & overhaul costs, thereby enhancing fleet performance.
- Amplifying testing & product development capabilities:
Digital twins can potentially help industries in reducing product development and testing expenses. Companies depending heavily on destructive testing for developing products can use the virtual replica of the real-world scenario for significant portion of the product testing. Say for example, automotive industry can employ digital twin for crash testing prototype vehicles. Likewise, enterprises creating giant models and prototypes for feasibility analysis can save money with digital twins during product development. Digital twin market is slated to advance at a rapid pace in the coming years, given the above backdrop.
Currently, the term digital twin looks like a future concept surrounded by a lot of marketing hype from some top-notch technology companies like Amazon, Microsoft, IBM, and the like. But, considering the unparalleled growth of the digital twin market share in recent years, it can be alleged that this disruptive technology will ensue a broad and deep impact on a plethora of industries in 2019 and beyond.
Author Name : Nikita Chaurasia